× Members

DLA TO PIP transfer

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #159951 by Helen Kilby
DLA TO PIP transfer was created by Helen Kilby
Having recently attended my PIP f2f @ capita in Cardiff. Imagine my surprise when I received through the post over 3 weeks later and appointment for my f2f on the 9th June in Cardiff????

My partner immediately phoned capita on my behalf as I am unable to cope with all this due to my mental health problems and was told the DWP had requested my reassessment. He then phoned DWP and was told my case was with the decision maker and was awaiting Capita's assessment so a decision could be made and that they had NOT requested a reassessment.

So back on the phone to Capita he goes and is told by someone else the same thing!! When he informed the gentleman that he had spoken to DWP and that they had not requested it, he was put on hold. When the gentleman came back to us, he apologised and stated that during her f2f some questions had been missed and before her report could be sent to DWP they needed these missing questions answered, after being assured that only the missed questions would need to be answered, he then asked if I could have this done at home instead of us having to go back to Cardiff as it was Capita's mistake.

The gentleman said he would send an email to request this and we had to ring up in 5 working days to see if it had been approved. My partner thanked him and asked to be transferred to the complaints dept. A young lady by the name of Clare then took details of my complaint and said she would ring back when she had looked into it, which she did and told us that the f2f that had been done was not up to Capita standards and that I would have to undergo a full reassessment.

My partner then asked again for this to be done at home as it was their mistake and the delay in my claim would be longer thanks to them to which he received the reply "you will receive a letter of apology" my partner then asked for a copy of the original assessment and was told he could not have one as it was not the companies policy, to which he quoted subject access request, freedom of information act and the information commissioners office say we can have a copy!

We were then placed on hold and when Clare came back to him my partner was told he could have a copy and we would have to make a subject access request in writing. My partner has now made the subject access request and sent a strongly worded complaint via email to Capita asking if they thought it was acceptable to be lying to disabled people and what action will be taken regarding all the rubbish we were told and a delay to my claim of over a month thanks to them.

We will keep you informed of our progress but just wanted to let members know, don't let them walk all over you fight for what your entitled to
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #159979 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA TO PIP transfer
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I have broken you post into sections as it is very difficult for anyone to read a solid block of text. Please try to break up your posts in future, otherwise it is all to easy for important information to be overlooked.

What a shambles! I do hope your PIP claim will soon be resolved.

The DWP is responsible for protecting your data as the Assessment Providers do not keep anything once your file has been returned to DWP. As long as the file has been returned, a call to DWP usually results in the form being sent to you fairly promptly.

You might like to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. That will allow you to return with questions or comments without having to tell us all about the background again. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.