× Members

PIP Claims and Mental Health

More
7 years 11 months ago #160011 by bg99
PIP Claims and Mental Health was created by bg99
Support son with Asperger's - on DLA with PIP transfer due by sept 2017, but becoming aware via friends/colleagues of difficulty for people with M Health or on Autistic Spectrum getting points for benefits especially mobility as questions not suited to get info for their needs. Checked forum and guides but maybe I am missing more detailed comments/advice experiences of how to get questions to fairly reflect needs.

Can anyone direct me?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #160021 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Claims and Mental Health
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Our PIP guides clearly explain how to describe your son's limitations in such a way that he has the best chance of scoring points in the relevant descriptors. I'm afraid you cannot make the descriptors fit the facts, you have to work the other way round!

PIP help for claimants

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. That will allow you to return with further questions/comments without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.