× Members

esa

More
7 years 11 months ago #160015 by Cherrypicker13
esa was created by Cherrypicker13
I have today received a letter asking me to attend a work focused interview tomorrow 2/6 - also i have also recieved an additional payment from DWP i have received no correspondence from dwp only interview letter - can anyone advise

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #160026 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic esa
Hi,

The first thing to check is whether the letter says that this appointment is mandatory? If it is not, all you have to do is contact them and decline. If it is mandatory then I'm afraid you will have to attend or risk being sanctioned

ESA Sanctions

A claimant can be required to attend a Work Focussed Interview when not in the Support Group. We have heard of people who have had to attend while still in the Assessment Phase but it is more likely that a decision has been made to put you in the Work Related Activity Group.

This actually happened to me earlier this year - the first indication I had that a new decision had been made (I was previously in the Support Group) was when I got one of these letters. The Decision letter arrived a few days later.

There are two possible ways of finding out what is happening - you can phone DWP and ask what is going on or you can wait and see if a decision letter urns up in the next few days.

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. That will allow you to return with further questions/comments without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.