× Members

Asking for FME for a claimant that self harms.

More
7 years 11 months ago #160076 by M11GEGSAFC
Hi All

I have received my recent Newsletter, dated the 1 June, and read how Benefits and Work have asked for proof from the DWP to prove that they did in fact send out, as they claim, a memo to all HCP's. The memo was reminding them that if a claimant had previous suicide attempts, suicidal ideations or expressed self harm that they should request further medical evidence when filling out an ESA50/ESA50A.
I was wondering if the HCP should also ask for further information when someone self harms and is trying to claim PIP.
My reason for asking is I am currently appealing against a decision to award only one point to my daughter who self harms and has numerous other difficulties..
She went for a face-to-face assessment but was not asked about her emotional state or well being.
If it is the case that the HCP should have asked for FME then I want to question, in my daughter's appeal, why they did not ask for any FME.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Many thanks in advance.
Anita

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #160100 by Gordon
M11GEGSAFC

ESA can be awarded on risk of harm to the claimant, PIP has no equivalent to this, any risk must be tied to the PIP activities to potentially score points.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.