× Members

Notification of change of address

More
7 years 11 months ago #160139 by mrbluesky57
Notification of change of address was created by mrbluesky57
Hi, I sent a (change of circumstances) letter on my dads behalf for his ESA Cont. It was for change of address. He authorised me to do this and we both signed the letter. It was sent on 14th May by registered post, I have proof of posting. I also dealt with DLA over the phone as that was easier to do, a 5 minute call. Unlike the previous time I contacted ESA with change of his address. That took nearly half an hour and stressed me out. He had a letter from DLA who acknowledged his change of address within 10 days. We took bros advice and contacted them (ESA) this time by letter. I dont think we have done anything incorrect. Not sure if to just leave it as we have contacted them? It was addressed to the correct information on his letter that they contacted him with in February of this year. Dont want to rock the boat, id be grateful of any advice. Thank you so much once again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #160157 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Notification of change of address

mrbluesky wrote: Hi, I sent a (change of circumstances) letter on my dads behalf for his ESA Cont. It was for change of address. He authorised me to do this and we both signed the letter. It was sent on 14th May by registered post, I have proof of posting. I also dealt with DLA over the phone as that was easier to do, a 5 minute call. Unlike the previous time I contacted ESA with change of his address. That took nearly half an hour and stressed me out. He had a letter from DLA who acknowledged his change of address within 10 days. We took bros advice and contacted them (ESA) this time by letter. I dont think we have done anything incorrect. Not sure if to just leave it as we have contacted them? It was addressed to the correct information on his letter that they contacted him with in February of this year. Dont want to rock the boat, id be grateful of any advice. Thank you so much once again.

I would give them a call to check that the computer system has been updated, doing so won't "rock the boat"!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrbluesky57

More
7 years 11 months ago #160174 by Annie
Replied by Annie on topic Notification of change of address
I wrote to the DWP informing them of change of address plus DLA. Both husband and I on ESA (C). A few months later husband received call from DWP re income and pensions. Husband was told that a letter wasn't enough re change of address and that he should have rang the information through as well. I then spoke to the DWP person and asked him to check my claim and update address but he said he could not do that as he had rang up about my husbands claim!! So I too had to then make a call, ages waiting to get through, so as to inform them of change of address even though I had written to them. DLA no problems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrbluesky57

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.