× Members

Can I replicate my last ESA50 (more or less)?

More
7 years 11 months ago #159929 by Mimi59
My ESA re-assessment is due in a couple of months and I may have the chance to go and stay with a relative here in the UK for a few weeks around this time, which will be my only chance of some sort of holiday. I'll have no way of knowing if the forms arrive during this time and do not want to jeopardise my chances of staying in the support group as I have many serious problems. Would this be a "!egit" reason for late submission of the form, or should I not risk it do you think? Any advice much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #159961 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Can I replicate my last ESA50 (more or less)?
Hi Mimi,

There are several things you can do -

You could contact DWP to ask when your reassessment is due (don't forget that the form will be sent out a while ahead of this). It could be that this would be enough to put your mind at rest. The people who answer the phones have nothing today with initiating the reassessment, so phoning them does not run any risk.

You could ask someone to check for post every couple of days and send the ESA50 on to you immediately if it has arrived.You could even have the PDF version of the form complete and ready to go in case this happens.

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

You could contact DWP, in writing, and let them know that you will be at a different address for a few weeks only. Technically claimants are supposed to notify DWP when they are going to be away from home anyway.

There is nothing in the legislation that allows for the late return of the ESA50 form. Being away from home might be accepted as good reason for the delay - but the problem is that you could be in the position of having to argue this after your claim has been closed, a situation that is best avoided if at all possible!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mimi59

More
7 years 11 months ago #159963 by MrFibro
Replied by MrFibro on topic Can I replicate my last ESA50 (more or less)?
Hi,
I'm no expert but maybe you could get your mail re-directed to your relatives address for the duration of your stay with them.

Just like as if you had moved house.

that way you should get the dwp mail etc as if you was in your own home.

hope this may be of help

More
7 years 11 months ago #159964 by slugsta

mrfibrospondodysthmatic wrote: Hi,
I'm no expert but maybe you could get your mail re-directed to your relatives address for the duration of your stay with them.

hope this may be of help

Good thinking!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrFibro

More
7 years 11 months ago #159969 by MrFibro
Replied by MrFibro on topic Can I replicate my last ESA50 (more or less)?
I forgot to mention...

I cant remember how much the post office charge you for this service.

I had it a few years back for a duration of 3 months, which was more than enough time to sort out my postages mails etc to be re-routed to my home.

After that period just notify the post office & the service will stop and your new mail will not go to your relatives.

my old post see below:

Hi,

hope this may be of help

good luck

More
7 years 11 months ago #159972 by slugsta
HI Mimi,

There is no need to make duplicate posts. Every post on this site is read and approved by a moderator before being made public. Even when the forum is officially 'open', this can take a while depending on how many (voluntary) moderators are on-line and how busy we are.

I have deleted your duplicate topic so that all advice and information is kept in the same place for you.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.