× Members

Can I replicate my last ESA50 (more or less)?

More
7 years 11 months ago #159980 by Mimi59
Apologies Mrs H ... I wasn't sure if it had actually gone through, so re-submitted it. I shouldn't be so impatient and will bear your words in mind for future posts!
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159999 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Can I replicate my last ESA50 (more or less)?

Mimi59 wrote: Apologies Mrs H ... I wasn't sure if it had actually gone through, so re-submitted it. I shouldn't be so impatient and will bear your words in mind for future posts!

Yes, that is one problem with the system - the claimant cannot immediately see whether or not the post was accepted.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #160232 by Mimi59
My next ESA assessment is due shortly - I've been in the Support Group for nearly three years. As my condition has not changed at all (and will not in the future), do you think it is OK to more or less copy the form I completed three years ago? Thanks for any advice.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #160235 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Can I replicate my last ESA50 (more or less)?
Hi Mimi,

I have merged your query with the previous one relating to your ESA claim. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic, rather than starting a new topic each time, and I hope you will find it useful too. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now (Sorry, I feel as if I am constantly 'telling you off'!) :)

Yes, you can pretty much replicate your previous replies if your condition has not changed. The assessor will not have any previous knowledge of you so it is important to treat each reassessment in the same way that you did the initial claim. This includes completing the form in detail and submitting all supporting documents. Don't forget to show that your condition has not changed and you have not been able to 'adapt' to it in any way.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mimi59

More
7 years 11 months ago #160239 by Roidininki
Replied by Roidininki on topic Can I replicate my last ESA50 (more or less)?
We did that but scored 0 points this time despite being in the ESA support group for 3 yrs and no change in condition. .
In the process of appealing now after MR agreed with original decisionmaker .
I do think it unfair that the previous reasons for award are not looked at but have finally got it into my head this is about getting sick and disabled people off ESA .

More
7 years 11 months ago #160265 by Gordon

Roidininki wrote: We did that but scored 0 points this time despite being in the ESA support group for 3 yrs and no change in condition. .
In the process of appealing now after MR agreed with original decisionmaker .
I do think it unfair that the previous reasons for award are not looked at but have finally got it into my head this is about getting sick and disabled people off ESA .

It's not that they cannot look at your conditions as they were, the assessment is of how you are today, how you were in the past can be used to set a benchmark, especially where a claimants conditions have remained static or have even declined, but that does not relieve the claimant of having to explain how they are today.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.