× Members

Dla to pip result

More
7 years 11 months ago #160317 by Rae323
Dla to pip result was created by Rae323
Hello all,

Yesterday I got the dreaded brown envelope!! It has been about 4wks since my face to face assessment. I have been awarded enhanced care rate but nothing on my mobility! Before I had high on my care and low rate mobility.
Although I'm pleased it's all over now and it says that they will review it again in 10yrs! Should I appeal the mobility? The reason for my mobility is mental health and I have trouble going out and making journeys on my own etc...I know this isn't physical but it really does cause me problems and limits what i can do.
Any advice would be appreciated. Also, I don't know if I can cope with the appeal?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #160370 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Dla to pip result

Rae wrote: Hello all,

Yesterday I got the dreaded brown envelope!! It has been about 4wks since my face to face assessment. I have been awarded enhanced care rate but nothing on my mobility! Before I had high on my care and low rate mobility.
Although I'm pleased it's all over now and it says that they will review it again in 10yrs! Should I appeal the mobility? The reason for my mobility is mental health and I have trouble going out and making journeys on my own etc...I know this isn't physical but it really does cause me problems and limits what i can do.
Any advice would be appreciated. Also, I don't know if I can cope with the appeal?

Congratulations on the Daily Living award.

I'm afraid only you can make the decision whether to challenge the Mobility Decision or not.

If your issues are not cognitive or sensory then there are only two Descriptors that the DWP will consider you as meeting.

a. Can plan and follow the route of a journey unaided. 0 points.
b. Needs prompting to be able to undertake any journey to avoid overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 4 points.
c. Cannot plan the route of a journey. 8 points.
d. Cannot follow the route of an unfamiliar journey without another person, assistance dog or orientation aid. 10 points.
e. Cannot undertake any journey because it would cause overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 10 points.
f. Cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, an assistance dog or an
orientation aid. 12 points.

Do you think that you can show that (e) applies? The fact that you say "I have trouble going out and making journeys on my own" would suggest that at least some of the time you do meet this requirement. Can you do so by using "reliably" and "on the majority of days"?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rae323

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.