× Members

PIP

More
7 years 10 months ago #160536 by MOGGY
Replied by MOGGY on topic PIP
Thank you Gordon,
I will check out these links,
Kind regards x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #160652 by MOGGY
Replied by MOGGY on topic PIP
Hi,
I hope I'm replying properly and not causing you any problems.
I have until 27th June to lodge my appeal to the tribunal, I hope to do this soon.
As I have to show how I meet the descriptors I need to ask to see my medical records and get copies of things relevant to my illnesses and how they effect me. (the report my GP submitted to the DWP was not very detailed). I know there is only 1 person at my GP surgery that does this sort of work and she only works i day a week for 3 hrs. She was supposed to phone me today (8/6/16) but didn't so I wrote a letter asking to see my records, why I wanted to see them and got my son to deliver it to the surgery for me. I won't hear anything from her now until next Wednesday at the earliest. When I was working occupational Health asked for a report from my GP as to the chances of my return to work (if and when) and it took more than 2 months for it to be sent to Occy Health. My surgery does not do anything fast. I am afraid that the Tribunal will give me an appeal date but my viewing records and getting copies will not be available. Can I ask the Tribunal to delay the hearing until I have everything I need to proceed with the hearing?
When the copy of the PIP face to face assessment arrived the other day I read it quickly but mostly skimped through it.
Today I went through it to properly to thoroughly check the descriptors so I can make a note to myself regarding the med notes I will need to show how and where my illnesses affect me.
I feel despair, I can't find a segment of the assessment that as been documented truthfully by the assessor.
For example, it says...i was observed walking 10 metres to my appt room unaided...walking slowly but with normal gait. The truth was it was a few yards and I was supported by a stick in my left hand and I was holding onto my husbands arm with my right arm.
I was able to crouch down and rise with ease......truth is if I crouched down...it would take a crane to get me back up!
I'd said I had pain in my upper arms and I'd refused to lift them up? (can't remember that!) ...and yet the assessor stated that he had observed me touching the back of my head, I have no idea why I should touch the back of my head with my right hand when to do so would cause me pain.
I was seen to pass identification papers to the assessor easily....I passed them to my husband and he passed them to the assessor as he sat closer to him than me!
I was able to identify my papers easily......yes, i had my appt, bill, bright cerise passport and my old NHS pass with my face on both sides...according to this my mental state showed I was stable, intellectual and I was calm and relaxed!
These are a few examples but there are many more, all made up by the assessor, there was another person in the room who sat at the back of me who I'm sure will stick up for the assessor if need be.
How on earth can I prove or convince the tribunal that I'm telling the truth and the assessment is a pack of lies?
I can't believe that someone in that position would be such a liar, my despair is that the tribunal won't believe it either.
It might sound dramatic but I feel as if I've been framed for some terrible crime and have no way of proving otherwise.
I feel more and more depressed, anxious and want to cry at injustice..
Trying to show the descriptors are incorrect and I should have been awarded more points is hard enough but how do I make the tribunal believe that Pinocchio held my assessment???
Can I ask the tribunal to check if the assessment centre had CCTV inside and they could see for example that I couldn't walk unaided, they could come to their own conclusions then.

Kind regards x

More
7 years 10 months ago #160666 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP
Moggy

You will only receive an award by showing that you meet the criteria for one, if you don't do this first then it will not matter how you deal with the statements in the assessment report, that's why I've said you need to go through your PIP2, the assessment report and PIP Claim guide to make sure that you made the best case you possibly can to show that you should score points.

Once you have done that you can go back through the report to show where there are inconsistencies and factual errors.

The Tribunal panel are looking for a consistent description of your problems that are consistent with the evidence and your conditions. I don't like the term but you are trying to present an overall picture of how you affected on a day to day basis by your conditions, this will show the weaknesses in the assessment report which is a snapshot of at best one day.

When you are going through your PIP2 make sure that you make full use of the term reliably and on the majority of days, this will again help you to deal with the comments in the assessment report.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.