× Members

Fibromyalgia and Diabetes PIP Q- advice please

More
7 years 11 months ago #160357 by Nickjb
This is for a friend - she applied for PIP first time on main grounds of Fibromyalgia which causes severe mobility, depresssion and self care issues. She scored 6 points and I advised her to consider appealing since I am on this forum and picked up lots of tips along the way think it is worth it for her.
She showed me her letter and she scored -
2points for help with cooking though stated her daughter does all her meals ready to warm in microwave and she cannot use a kettle or boiling water due to danger of dropping it.

She also said she needed help with medication as she forgets and daughter helps with blood tests for diabetes and reminds her every day due to the pain she is in but scored nothing for this.

I am thinking she should get at least some points for medication needs given that she has her daughter to prepare them in dosette box and reminds her to take them every morning when she comes around plus rings her throughout the day and does her bloods on the days it is too painful (5 out of 7). I also think she should get more for the cooking given that she has all her food prepped and cooked for her and cannot use boiling water.

Anyone had any experience of PIP in regards to Fibro and Diabetes that need same level of support that can offer any advice on this for me to pass onto her please. MUCH APPRECIATED :lol: THANK YOU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #160398 by Gordon
Nickjb

Have they shown that they cannot complete the activities, reliably and on the majority of days, or have they simply shown that they don't do them, they are not the same!

For Preparing Food, they will likely take the view that there are ways of working around issues such as boiling water by the use if aids, have they shown that these do not allow them to safely complete the activity.

You say her daughter does her blood tests when it is too painful, how often is this, is it the majority of days?

Basically they need to go through their PIP2 form, the assessment report and the PIP Claim guide to see whether they have shown that they meet the criteria.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.