× Members

Pip decision timing

More
7 years 11 months ago #160396 by attiq
Pip decision timing was created by attiq
hi Gordon
I had my face to face assessment on 11th may but didn't hear anything till now. Any idea how long they are taking now a days
Secondly I have managed to get some private treatment from abroad for how long i can go?is the rule same for esa and pip
Thnx for ur advice
Khan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #160405 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip decision timing

attiq wrote: hi Gordon
I had my face to face assessment on 11th may but didn't hear anything till now. Any idea how long they are taking now a days
Secondly I have managed to get some private treatment from abroad for how long i can go?is the rule same for esa and pip
Thnx for ur advice
Khan

PIP Decision are taking about 8 weeks at the moment.

If you are receiving ESA and PIP then the ESA will be the limiting factor. If you are receiving Income Related ESA in part or in whole then it is four weeks, the same applies to Contribution Based ESA but his can be extended to 26 weeks if you are going abroad for treatment, however, the DWP have to accept this for extra time to apply.

For PIP it is 13 weeks normally and 26 weeks for treatment.

In either case you need to inform both departments in advance,.

www.gov.uk/claim-benefits-abroad/illness...-disability-benefits

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.