× Members

PIP assessment recording

More
7 years 9 months ago #160535 by discusdude
PIP assessment recording was created by discusdude
Hi, I have my PIP assessment at my home at the end of June. Can I still request this to be recordered, if so do I need to request this beforehand? I have someone with me and they are going to make notes throughout for me but I want to make sure it's all done correctly and is recorded.

Any other advise about home visits will be greatly received :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #160541 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP assessment recording
I'm afraid there is no facility to record PIP assessments. You can do so yourself, as long as you have arranged this ahead of time so that an assessor can be found who agrees to be recorded. You must record 2 copies of cassette tape or CD at the same time - this can be done by using 2 separate machines but it cannot be a digital recording device.

It is perfectly legal to carry out a secret recording. However, if you wish to do this you must be very careful. If the recording device is found, the most likely outcome is that the assessment will be halted and DWP told that you did not co-operate.

Home assessments should follow much the same pattern as those carried out in an assessment centre. This is explained in our PIP guide.

PIP help for claimants

You can decide which in which room you want the assessment to take place and who you want with you. The assessor does not have the right to look anywhere else in your home - and we have not heard of them asking to do so - but you might have aids and appliances that you wish to show them.

The assessors have been known to turn up on time, early, late or not at all!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 9 months ago #160548 by discusdude
Replied by discusdude on topic PIP assessment recording
Thanks I think it's much safer to get my friend to make notes for me.
We are using my kitchen as there is a table in there and a lot of my aids to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 9 months ago #161263 by discusdude
How soon after your assessment can you request a copy of the report? Is there anything in particular I should ask for?

More
7 years 9 months ago #161316 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment recording

discusdude wrote: How soon after your assessment can you request a copy of the report? Is there anything in particular I should ask for?

I'd give it a couple of days, just phone the DWP office dealing with your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #162278 by discusdude
well I had my PIP assessment this morning at home, she turned up in the allotted time and was only here for 35mins 25 seconds! we made notes of everything I said, and questions she asked she didn't ask many questions at all but had a page on notes already about my completed form that she had read. she was nice enough but talked down to me a lot which was very annoying. she never saw me walk (or stumble) as she made her own way in and I was behind her and she left and let herself out! it seemed she had other places to be and only asked about my walking as she was out the door and saw my crutches! not sure if that's good or not?

pleased its done and out of the way - I am going to get a copy of the report early next week and see what she has said. now the waiting starts again ...

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.