× Members

Knowing the assor

More
7 years 10 months ago #160597 by Tracyjane
Knowing the assor was created by Tracyjane
When I had someone from capita come to asses me for pip after about 5 mins I realised I knew this person she was a collage friend of my step daughter I asked her if it was appropriate to continue with the assessment and she said she will inform her manager but continued anyway I felt very intimated by this as these assessments are very personal in fact I was mortified.
I wonder if this is allowed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #160600 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Knowing the assor

Tracy wrote: When I had someone from capita come to asses me for pip after about 5 mins I realised I knew this person she was a collage friend of my step daughter I asked her if it was appropriate to continue with the assessment and she said she will inform her manager but continued anyway I felt very intimated by this as these assessments are very personal in fact I was mortified.
I wonder if this is allowed

I can't see any advice about this.

I think that there are various aspects to this that only you can consider; as you have identified there is an issue of confidentiality, the assessors will be bound by their contract not to reveal details of the assessment to others who do not need to know, much like a GP would if they were known to the family outside of a professional situation.

There are also issues as to the fairness of the assessment which to be honest could be to your advantage or the opposite.

Given that you allowed the assessment to continue, it's probably too late to raise issues with the former, unless you really want to have another assessment, as to the latter, it's possible that only time will tell when a Decision is made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.