× Members

asked to attend a PIP assessment, no contact .

More
7 years 10 months ago #160599 by juliettemunro
asked to attend a PIP assessment, no contact . was created by juliettemunro
A friend of mine received a letter asking him to attend a PIP assessment, which is tomorrow. he is unsure what kind of assessment it is but has had no previous contact regarding changing from DLA to PIP. is this what usually happens as I thought you receive a phone call before any assessment, inviting you to apply for PIP ?

As I am still on DLA ( indefinite award) knowing I will eventually be invited to apply for PIP I am rather confused by what is happening to my friend.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #160605 by Gordon

skitti wrote: A friend of mine received a letter asking him to attend a PIP assessment, which is tomorrow. he is unsure what kind of assessment it is but has had no previous contact regarding changing from DLA to PIP. is this what usually happens as I thought you receive a phone call before any assessment, inviting you to apply for PIP ?

As I am still on DLA ( indefinite award) knowing I will eventually be invited to apply for PIP I am rather confused by what is happening to my friend.

I suggest they contact the DWP.

PIP Helpline :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322
Textphone: 0345 601 6677
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

PIP must be claimed, there is no transfer from DLA to PIP, if they have not claimed PIP then there is clearly no requirement for an assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: juliettemunro

More
7 years 10 months ago #160609 by juliettemunro
Replied by juliettemunro on topic asked to attend a PIP assessment, no contact .
I know he hasn't completed PIP1 form yet because he hasn't received one.

More
7 years 10 months ago #160613 by Gordon

skitti wrote: I know he hasn't completed PIP1 form yet because he hasn't received one.

The form is usually completed over the phone when the claim for PIP is made so it doesn't mean that they have not started a claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.