× Members

Help with UNUM and group income protection

More
7 years 10 months ago #160619 by Jackie_Moss_17
Help with UNUM and group income protection was created by Jackie_Moss_17
Does anyone know where I can get help & support dealing with Unum and my Employer's Group Income Protection? I am in receipt of ESA & am in the support group and found this site helped & supported me during my claim & appeals.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #160632 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Help with UNUM and group income protection
Hi Blue and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm sorry, this is not something we deal with directly. All I can suggest is that you get in touch with your former union, if you have one, and ask them for support. Failing that, try searching on-line to see if there are any groups or fora relating to your previous occupation.

Just a word of warning - if you do get a regular payment from income protection you should notify DWP. The rules on what counts as a 'pension' are not straightforward and failure to notify could result in an overpayment of ESA (that you would be expected to pay back).

Maybe Gordon will have some suggestions and, of course, members are welcome to comment.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jackie_Moss_17

More
7 years 10 months ago #160636 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Help with UNUM and group income protection
Blue

I'm afraid I cannot offer any more advice than Mrs H.

Your biggest issue will be that you are not party to the contract so your rights may be very limited.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.