× Members

DWP HOME VISIT TEAM??

More
7 years 10 months ago #160950 by Unite1801
DWP HOME VISIT TEAM?? was created by Unite1801
Hello all

I just wondered if anyone could give me any information about the DWP HOME VIDIT TEAM - *NOT HOME MEDICALS*

I basically understand they are a support team but I don't understand in what capacity!

What are they trained as? What is their real role/goal??

Been fighting capita since November for a home visit which I have always had and they have all the documents to approve that but say they are not accepting any medical records previously held by atos and need all new letters etc. Since I was told I longterm/incurable condition I was signed off with full diagnosises in writing to DWP from the various consultants I was seen by for over 4yrs - I can't just be referred to them all again when all that has changed is that I have deteriorated as they stated I would.
Wish you all well (as can be expected bearing mind we are in here lol)
K x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #160955 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP HOME VISIT TEAM??
Unite

Forgive me but I am a little confused as to the information you are looking for. The first part refers to a DWP home visit, but the rest of your post is about a home assessment.

If you want a home assessment then you will need your GP to write to the Assessment Provider explaining why you cannot attend (you do not need your Consultants to do this).

If you are talking about a visit by the DWP, then their reasons will vary and may depend on what benefits you are currently receiving; some visits are the result of random selection and are basic check to ensure that you are receiving the right benefits being paid at the right rate.

Many ESA claimants in the Support Group are receiving visits, I can only describe this as a "cage rattling" exercise as there seems no other reason for them happening.

A small number of visits are to do with compliance issues, this could because something has been flagged on your bank accounts or income by HMRC or because someone has reported the claimant to the Fraud Line.

In all cases you can have someone with you at the meeting and if it would actually be more convenient for you to have the meeting at a local JC+ then you can ask for this to be arranged.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #162694 by Unite1801
Replied by Unite1801 on topic DWP HOME VISIT TEAM??
Hi Gordon

Thank you for your reply and yes I'm sorry for the confusing message! I was at the time very confused myself as my daughter received (who has been dealing/fighting with capita re my medical home visit for my ESA annual assessment) a message saying a DWP home visit was happening the following day between 9am & 10pm. Because she has a toddler and a baby it is very difficult for her to help bath me and support me during appointment so she dies hr best to arrange childcare a couple of times a week - especially around appointments. She was questioning if the letter meant 9am - 10am not pm as that was ridiculous in allowing her to make arrangements so she called the Home medical visit team as soon as they opened to ask why she wasn't given more notification that my medical was that day as she needed some childcare support arranged and also could they be more specific with then time and as she would need to put her children to bed after 7pm was not an option! She and the children have moved in with me since March - (the stress of this has had a big impact on her relationship of which I'm devasted about)

She was shocked and confused to find out they had not visit planned but they said it could be the 'Home Visit Team'.

So I can now update you that the visit was from a support team that had been referred to me to support me in completing my PIP claim form. My first form was never received they say (first time posted without proof as my daughter had been admitted in to hospital for 5 days after an asthma attack and she checked it and posted it from there) and subsequently my DLA and all extra components added to my ESA have been stopped also.

I have had 4 visit so far, all very friendly and supportive though seriously delaying the process as they come, call the office, say they think they have my form, come back made a new telephone claim when they realised my DLA had been stopped which I queried would now mean I wouldn't receive my back pay, so off again to await an email from such and such department and still nothing done with my claim form! Helpful in terms of my claim??? Doesn't seem so! I'm about a month off being served eviction papers. Which for me I honestly don't care anymore but I now have my daughter and 2 babies relying on a bed.

As for your point that the GP just needs to provide a letter stating I need a home visit - they say they have received this twice since November but they want supporting information to back it up??

I've gone off again - and I do urgently/ desperately need some advice so I will look for the right place to put those questions X

Thank you once again
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.