× Members

Conditions which qualify for enhanced rate mob?

More
7 years 11 months ago #160951 by cr27
Apologies if there is already a topic posted on this subject, I see there is a list of medical conditions on here which qualify for DLA, I was wondering if there was a list anywhere on the site of medical conditions which qualify for the enhanced rate mobility for PIP?
Thank You

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #160952 by Gordon

cr27 wrote: Apologies if there is already a topic posted on this subject, I see there is a list of medical conditions on here which qualify for DLA, I was wondering if there was a list anywhere on the site of medical conditions which qualify for the enhanced rate mobility for PIP?
Thank You

Are you referring to the A-Z of Conditions in the DLA section?

If you are then I am afraid you have misunderstood the purpose of this DWP document, it is not a list of conditions that qualify you for DLA, no such list exists, DWP Decision Makers are not medically trained and the document provides a reference point for them to refer to, rather than having to involve medical services which are likely to be chargeable to the DWP.

In a similar vein there is no list of conditions that will qualify a claimant for either component of PIP! PIP awards are based on the limitations that result from a condition, not the condition itself; two claimants with the same condition, even the same severity, could still have very different limitations.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: cr27

More
7 years 11 months ago #160957 by cr27
Yes that's what I was referring to. I've been mislead by other forums I think (not on this site) where people have stated certain conditions qualify for enhanced rate mobility, sorry.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #160972 by Gordon

cr27 wrote: Yes that's what I was referring to. I've been mislead by other forums I think (not on this site) where people have stated certain conditions qualify for enhanced rate mobility, sorry.

There are some disabilities that would qualify for Enhanced Mobility, but it is because they meet the criteria rather than there being on a list, so a double leg amputee would qualify because they are unable to place a biological foot on the ground and a paraplegic would because they cannot stand and move more than 1m.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cr27

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.