× Members

PIP-

More
7 years 10 months ago #161068 by Bryando
PIP- was created by Bryando
Hi,

With regards to the PIP criteria moving around.

I only have problems in the morning when getting up and down the stairs. Lasts for around two hours due to Fibromalgia. My muscles have basically seized up and are stiff and sore. With my hip starting to become a slight issue as well.

Somebody has told me the decision maker will disregard this! Surely the fact I take the staris side on step by step going down would meet the criteria? At a complete loss how to apply the regulations to this aspect of my health.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161077 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic PIP-
Hello Charlie123

If you read through the Guide to claiming PIP, page 18

'Scoring points when your condition varies'

it explains fully the points you might expect to make using this descriptor.

If you keep a diary, and each day make a note of the time you spend trying to get your body working properly (!) then hopefully this will satisfy the assessor/decision maker.

Does the muscle seizure affect your ability to get in and out of bed,, dressing/undressing etc, because you should also mention this in your claim.

I'm sure other member will be able to advise exactly what information you should give in order to get the best result for your claim. Good luck :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bryando

More
7 years 10 months ago #161081 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP-
Charlie

Just to add to Shelam's excellent advice, the test is your ability to walk, any difficulties you have with stairs will not be considered.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #161118 by Bryando
Replied by Bryando on topic PIP-
So would the take into account moving about within my house? I am a cripple in the morning yet by the afternoon could have my dog out. Come back and I am sore. Fibromalgia is a weird thing something I am coming to terms with.

My biggest worry is me saying how I am in the morning then being investigated because later in the day I can walk the dog. If that makes sense? Hate this condition!

More
7 years 10 months ago #161140 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP-

Charlie123 wrote: So would the take into account moving about within my house? I am a cripple in the morning yet by the afternoon could have my dog out. Come back and I am sore. Fibromalgia is a weird thing something I am coming to terms with.

My biggest worry is me saying how I am in the morning then being investigated because later in the day I can walk the dog. If that makes sense? Hate this condition!

Yes and no. The test is in regard your ability to walk outside, however, those assessing you will make assumptions to your ability to do this based on your walking inside.

You must be able to reliably walk on the majority of days not to score points. See the PIP Claim guide for more details.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.