× Members

Pip transfer

More
7 years 10 months ago #161079 by cmt
Pip transfer was created by cmt
Hi, i have DLA and i am expecting a letter anytime for the transfer to pip, my question is how long do they give you to fill in and send back as I'm away soon for three weeks?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161086 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Pip transfer
Hello cmt

You have twenty eight days from the date on your claim letter to apply for PIP.

If you find that you will be away for the three weeks, then you can request an extension to this; telephone the number on your letter and explain the circumstances and you should not have any difficulty. You can usually get a two week extension. :)

More
7 years 10 months ago #161092 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip transfer
In addition to Shelam's excellent advice - the first step after receiving the letter is to phone and initiate the claim. You will be asked some basic questions at this stage. Then the PIP2 form will be sent out and, as Shelam said, you will have 28 days from the date on the form (in reality more like 21 days!) to get it submitted, but a 2 week extension is usually given without any problem.

If you would like to be prepared as to what questions will be asked over the phone, our PIP guide explains the process

PIP help for claimants

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. This wil allow you to return with further questions/comments, as your PIP claim progresses, without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept inj one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #161173 by eigenmode
Replied by eigenmode on topic Pip transfer
Hi, I've just received my invitation to transfer to PIP. In which of the downloads will I find the telephone questions I might get asked?

Many Thanks,

Mike

More
7 years 10 months ago #161193 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip transfer

Mike wrote: Hi, I've just received my invitation to transfer to PIP. In which of the downloads will I find the telephone questions I might get asked?

Many Thanks,

Mike

They are in the PIP Claim guide.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.