× Members

supersession

More
7 years 10 months ago #161111 by Gareth
supersession was created by Gareth
Please can anyone tell me how to appeal my wifes esa wrag. She has been getting it for 3 years but her health condition has deteriorated dramatically this year. She has now been granted a wheelchair after being assessed last week. How do I go about trying to get her on the support group esa.
Thank you .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #161112 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic supersession
Hi Gareth,

Your wife just needs to write to DWP, declare a 'change of circumstances' and ask for reassessment. This will trigger a complete reassessment, including ESA50 and possibly a face2face assessment.

In this situation the onus is completely on the claimant to prove that the condition has worsened since the last decision and that the Support Group criteria are now met.

Don't forget that the ESA mobilisation descriptor doesn't just look at walking. If your wife is considered to be able to self-propel her wheelchair for 200m or more, she will not score any points for that descriptor!

Qualifying for the Support Group

If you have any further questions about the process, please reply to this message and we will do our best to help.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.