× Members

ESA ASSESSMENT

More
7 years 10 months ago #161141 by KayMarie94
ESA ASSESSMENT was created by KayMarie94
Hi all,

I've been in receipt of ESA income based for last 2 (ish) years. They sent me another form near the beginning if this year to see how my condition has changed and it obviously hasn't so put all the same answers as I did when I first applied. Everything was fine. Was still getting my payments, everything stayed the same. And then around the time I took the plunge and applied for PIP months later they suddenly sent me a letter saying I needed to attend a WCA when I've never needed to before. Is this because I applied for PIP or could it be for something else?

Also when I was first diagnosed as having severe mental disabilities at 17 I was told I may never work again, having begged and pleaded with my doctor she agreed to let me do part time work only. This part time work is 12.25 hours and I'm already finding that difficult and have had a couple days off and a few melt downs but am determined not to give up. It helps that my mum is one of my managers as she can keep an eye on me. Will this lose me my ESA? DWP know about it and told me it was classed as "permitted work" because it was under the threshold. (My WCA was sent before I had this job so this can't be the reason for it).

Thanks for any help or advice!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161163 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA ASSESSMENT
KayMarie

There can be a considerable delay between your completing the ESA50 and being asked to attend a WCA, I doubt it has anything to do with your PIP application, just the delays in the system.

Your working may have an impact on your ESA, it will depend on what your problems are and whether they are contradicted by the work that you are doing.

I would have a look at our ESA Claim guide to understand the criteria against which you are being assessed, there is also a section at the back that covers the assessment and the questions you are likely to be asked.

If you have further questions about your ESA claim (not your PIP one), then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.