× Members

ESA 50

More
7 years 10 months ago #161144 by terdun9
ESA 50 was created by terdun9
HI I am filling in a ESA 50 for my son he is 26 with severe mental health issues he has Dis Social personality disorder and is very complex the consultant said,now how do I get this across to the decision makers or will they ask the consultant etc, the form is going back late as my son just did not understand what he had to do with it the day it came put it down and forgot about it, ( DWP aware its coming late.

But getting stuck on the Part 1:Physical capabilities there is so much to explain but if i put to much in the form will they get board and not bother, the other problem is my son is literally just been told what he has so really don't understand the whats going to happen to him yet really don't know how to explain it.

So sorry to be a pain but don't want to wright a book but also need to make them understand do i tell them that he seem to have 4 personality's He has been told he has to gp tp sittingborn to get a better assessment.

Thanks for your help in advance Jacqui

To Much Pain Will Kill Y ou In The End

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #161161 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA 50
Hi Jacqui,

I'm sorry you and your son are having to go through this :(

You need to write as much as necessary in order to show how your son meets the ESA descriptors. Try to confine yourself to this, rather than writing a lot of things that are not relevant .
Don't forget to make full use of our ESA guide which will explain how to phrase things in a way that the assessor and DWP will understand.

ESA claims and appeals

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. That will allow you to return with further questions/comments without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161168 by terdun9
Replied by terdun9 on topic ESA 50
hi thanks Mrs Hurtyback is this to much i have to explain what he cope with *******
To Womb it may Concern
After a lengthy time Depression and with very frequent bouts of overwhelming frustrating confustion also anger that I cant stop.
Struggling to get by on a day to day basses and burying my self in self dough and not opening letters or being able to get bills paid shopping bathing, even eating my parents are always asking reminding me to eat and along self hate negatively commentating is also a very painful part of my life,
I have for as long as I can remember had a lot of inner self hate and trouble in communicating with myself even I have been told more than once I am my own worse enemy a danger to myself and although not nice to hear my family never know who they are going to get when I phone them Dayly for help and support, panic me, inappropriate me, aggressive me, or just me

I can't do people much to to loud to many as in be in a place where there are a lot of people even both my parents together are sometime to much to cope with my parents got me and paid for my car running cost because I can't a buses to me a bus is like sitting in a bomb with me being the Dynamite. If am approached by to many people at a time it worries me if I going to get myself into trouble by trying to get across that Please don't come nearer I cant take it
Shops are to much Mother does internet shopping for me, makes me take over my washing she manly takes care of the important stuff, paying my rent council tax tv licence etc
So I have now been sent/been to the next ****** in ****** for my mental health assessment and they then got me a appointment with a consultant with a 7 days as it seems to be server along with my anxiety that seems to making it worse it seem that I have 3 people fighting for their chance to talk,panic attacks,( am I going to be inappropriate to anyone) asthma come next then think people are looking at me(paranoia) its all just to overwhelming to me. I have got breathing exercise self calming myself down but hard when you have your mind racing it dose not always work it just so overbearing and so restrictive as well.

I do find it hard to carry on with something once I have started if I get a good run at it with out being disturbed I have more of a change of getting it done but sadly not always the case.

I am not to good with change

?????????????? Hope this is not to much for the from you know that back page part

To Much Pain Will Kill Y ou In The End

More
7 years 10 months ago #161192 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA 50
Jacqui

Forgive me, but I am not sure what you are trying to achieve by including this information in what I assume is the Additional Information box at the back of the ESA50, all of these matters appear to be issues that you should be explaining in detail in your answer to questions 11-17 on the form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.