× Members

pip 2nd assessment

More
7 years 10 months ago #161183 by trisha
pip 2nd assessment was created by trisha
Hi I was awarded standard pip for mobility and care for 3 years after that period do I still have to have full assessment again as I will be 71 yrs old and the thought kills me of going through that again

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #161187 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic pip 2nd assessment
Hi Trisha,

Yes, as long as you continue to receive PIP you will be subject to periodic reassessments. These will be the same as the original claim as the assessor is unlikely to have any prior knowledge of you. You must fill out the form in detail, submit as much supporting documentation as you can and might be required to attend a face2face assessment.

Just to add to your woes - I'm afraid it is current DWP practice to initiate the reassessment a full year before the award is due to end :(

We will, of course, give you as much help and support as we can throughout the process.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.