× Members

E S A why ?

More
7 years 10 months ago #161456 by soontjen
E S A why ? was created by soontjen
i was awarded pip at a tribunal in may 5 th still haven't received any money six months

i then attended a ESA medical two day's after the pip tribunal . then refused ESA
so no money at all from anywhere ,

WHY ? do ESA stop paying you esa money and you get into debt with rent , council tax , no food money , electric , water , fuel . all adds to depression anxiety all mount up or do without had to sell personal items to manage
then today i.ve been told by esa when my appeal is logged with the tribunal court they will then pay me esa again until the tribunal decision ?

why do they do this it's ridiculous cant see the point

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161458 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic E S A why ?
soontjen

You are now in the period we would expect a Tribunal result to have been actioned in, it would be worth your contacting them for an update.

As to your ESA, I'm sorry that you are having all of these problems, unfortunately it is how the system has been changed by the current and last Governments.

If you did not claim JSA, then your ESA will be backdated to the day after you were found Fit for Work but you will need to provide Fit Notes to cover this period, so speak to your GP if you do not already have these available.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #161466 by soontjen
Replied by soontjen on topic E S A why ?
I contacted dwp this morning about pip . they told me they would put it in as urgent ? he also said it should have been dealt with by now . i'll call again Friday .
I didn't know I would need a fit /sick note as I didn't sign on . I'll call the dr in the morning
still cant see why they do it
thank you
Gordon

More
7 years 9 months ago #162154 by soontjen
Replied by soontjen on topic E S A why ?
still waiting for money
no pip since dec 2015 no esa for 6 weeks ?
hence no rent or money at all
its getting to the stage where I cant think straight or sleep its to much I feel like giving in I've not got any physical or emotional strength left .
I called dwp and they tell me one thing and nothing happens ?
what can I do ? if anything ?
thank you

More
7 years 9 months ago #162171 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic E S A why ?
I'm sorry, this really has become a nightmare for you, hasn't it??

Did you get a fitnote from your GP so that you can be paid ESA? I'm afraid you won't be paid without one.

As far as your PIP is concerned, I cannot suggest anything else other than getting your MP involved.

Contacting your MP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.