× Members

Confusing PIP letter

More
7 years 10 months ago #161622 by bfisher2394
Confusing PIP letter was created by bfisher2394
Today I received a letter informing me that the DWP have 'now got the information and reports they need about my condition and how this affects me for my claim to PIP'. They then say they will contact me as soon as they've made a decision.

Does this mean that they have done the assessment based on my forms and I will not have to go for a face-to-face?

For background information: I was awarded PIP enhanced daily living from March 2014 without a face-to-face and recieved my new forms to be filled out almost two years to the day from when that was awarded. I returned my 'how your disability affects you' form on the 27th of May (I had an extension granted due to a hospital stay).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #161639 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Confusing PIP letter
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

It certainly sounds as if the assessor has made a recommendation to DWP without needing to see you in person. I would say you can be 'cautiously optimistic' about your chances of avoiding one of these.

However, I'm afraid we can't draw from this any conclusion regarding what the eventual decision might be.

DWP are currently taking around 8 weeks to make a decision once the claimant's file has been returned to them - although this does vary from one area to another.

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. This will allow you to return with further questions/comments about your PIP without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.