× Members

PIP Home Assessment

More
7 years 10 months ago #161632 by adam
PIP Home Assessment was created by adam
Hi Everyone. I have been sent a letter re a medical at my house by Atos. I'm frightened that they will nose about and what to expect and this is for PIP enhanced rate mobility and care..Anyone able to reassure me that this is normal and and ideas of how to go about the interview?

Adam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161646 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic PIP Home Assessment
Hello Adam

You really don't have to worry about the visiting assessor 'nosing about' at your house. The assessor has only the same rights as any other visitor to your home. S/he is there to carry out your medical examination and nothing else.

You would be wise to have someone with you during the interview; this will help you deal with your nervousness, and also it will mean you have a witness if at a later date you find that you disagree with something that the assessor has stated on her report.

The assessor will carry out a medical examination; but if you are asked to do something that you know will hurt you or harm you, you should explain that it would hurt/harm you and that you are not refusing to do it, you simply can't do it.

Be aware that the assessor might arrive at your home well before the time for your examination - many people have experienced this; so you can be prepared for this and not caught 'on the hop'.

Don't offer answers to questions that haven't been asked!! In other words, speak when you are spoken to, and stick to the point of any question you are asked. As well as asking questions of you, the assessor will also be taking note of how you look and act. Remember what you said on your application form and try to make sure your answers to his/her questions agree with what you've written.

Sorry if it sounds full of don'ts and be carefuls. Other people have written about their experiences, so if you read through some of their mails, it might give you a bit more confidence.

Good luck with your assessment. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.