× Members

PIP Face to Face appointment

More
7 years 10 months ago #161655 by planet48#
PIP Face to Face appointment was created by planet48#
PLease advise!
I am beside myself with worry! I received my appointment letter through today for a face to face appointment with CAPITA. I live in North Wales and they want me to go to Stoke-on-Trent for an appointment at 8.10am! I cannot understand why they have sent me so far away and think it is completely unreasonable of them to do so. I don't feel that they have actually read my PIP form at all as I clearly indicated my daily struggles with physical and mental health! I cannot drive for long periods, I am unable to cope with unfamiliar places, I am unable to use public transport due to deep-rooted anxieties and panic attacks and I think it is completely farcical that they expect me to get all the way there for 8.10 in the morning!!! I need to know how to word my protest in a way that they retract this appointment altogether as I worry that if I refuse this one I will not have a leg to stand on for any further appointments that they throw my way! Please can someone help me? Thank you in advance!
J Murray

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #161657 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Face to Face appointment
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

A claimant can be asked to travel for up to 90 minutes each way to attend an assessment centre (the journey time is worked out using public transport). I think it would probably take a helicopter to get from North Wales to Stoke-on-Trent in 90 minutes!

As this centre is clearly too far away, you should be able to rearrange without it counting against you. You might have to make this point to whoever you speak to!

If you want to get an idea of what to expect at the assessment, our PIP gjuide explains the process.

PIP help for claimants

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. This will allow you to return with further questions/comments about your PIP without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: planet48#

More
7 years 10 months ago #161662 by planet48#
Replied by planet48# on topic PIP Face to Face appointment
Thank you for your reply! They have already worked out my public transport option and have worked out the time as being 1 hour and 27 minutes by train and bus with some walking involved! Will I still be able to dispute this?

More
7 years 10 months ago #161665 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Face to Face appointment
You can dispute it if it is not true (have a look at train timetables). If it is true, then I think any change will count against you. This is not the end of the world but it would mean that you have to attend the next appointment or risk having your claim closed :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #161951 by Jo
Replied by Jo on topic PIP Face to Face appointment
I recently changed mine from Northampton to Birmingham, If you have a centre closer you can ring up & see if they will change it. They were very helpful to me

More
7 years 9 months ago #162669 by planet48#
Replied by planet48# on topic PIP Face to Face appointment
Well I managed to finally pick up the phone to dispute the ridiculous appointment expectation on me from Capita! They gave me a home assessment appointment, which I had yesterday! The assessor was lovely, very sympathetic and understanding and was with me for an hour and a 1/4. She recorded my answers in great detail and seemed very understanding of my conditions. She also commented that she would be finishing her report at home and that she would be reporting on how distressed I was upon answering the door and that I was hyperventilating! All I can do now is wait......very nervously! At least that stressful part of my claim is now out of the way. Just don't know how I'm going to cope if they refuse me as I'm really going to suffer financially without my DLA!
Thanks for the help and support!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.