× Members

My condition has worsened

More
7 years 10 months ago #161700 by Loraine wood
My condition has worsened was created by Loraine wood
Hi. Since being diagnosed with several illnesses and being awarded standard rate care and mobility, my condition has worsened quite considerably. Can someone tell me what I need to do to let dwp know? I also think I may be entitled to high rate mobility now. Do I need to reapply for pip? Thanks for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #161708 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic My condition has worsened
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

The first question to ask yourself is whether the deterioration in your condition is likely to entitle you to the higher rate of PIP. I suggest you have a look at our PIP self-assessment, score yourself harshly (as DWP will!) and see what you think.

PIP help for claimants

If you believe you stand a good chance of getting an enhanced award, you should contact DWP and ask for a 'supersession' of your claim. This will trigger the reassessment process, including a PIP2 form to complete and, possibly, a face to face assessment.

In these situations, the onus is entirely on the claimant to prove that 1) their condition has worsened since the most recent decision and 2) they now meet the criteria for an enhanced award.

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. This will allow you to return with further questions/comments relating to your PIP claim without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it helpful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.