× Members

PIP ZOOM ZOOM!

More
7 years 10 months ago #162533 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP ZOOM ZOOM!

pippers wrote: Hi,

Before going to a PIP assessment can we phone and ask for the name and profession of the person who will be doing our assessments.

The reason I ask is my last assessment which was for ESA in 2012 was with a DR who tried to say I had Biopsychosocial disease process, when I googled her name I found she was a mental health DR, my medical conditions are physical disabilities.
Thanks.

I'm afraid not, the DWP position is that all assessors are trained in Disability Assessment to a standard set by them.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163381 by pippers
Replied by pippers on topic PIP ZOOM ZOOM!
Hi,

I had my face2face assessment today a much better experience than my ESA F2F assessment in 2012.
Even though when I arrived there were 2 women stood outside the centre smoking and chatting, went in to have my assessment (which lasted about 45mins) and one of these women was my assessor.
Other than the questions asked she wanted me to grip her hands, touch my thumb to the tips of each of my fingers, pull on her hands, touch the back of my head, raise my arms, I was propped up on the examination bed with my spine supported? My condition affects my lumbar spine, and lower limbs, I have no problems above my waist when my back is supported, weird.

When I went to leave instead of her writing up the report which is what I thought she was supposed to do, she and the other woman followed me out, her cigarettes packet in her hand they both lit-up in my view and proceeded to have a chin wag, I found this so unprofessional.

Oh well lets hope she didn't forget what was said in my interview when she does her report, now have the dreaded 4-6 weeks wait to see what happens ;)

Can you tell me how soon I can phone DWP for a copy of the assessment report.

Thank you.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163388 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP ZOOM ZOOM!
Pippers

You should be able to request the report from the DWP next week.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: pippers

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.