× Members

Indefinite DLA and work advise

More
7 years 10 months ago #162374 by yamaha0675
Indefinite DLA and work advise was created by yamaha0675
Hi everyone I am currently on dla which was declared as indefinite a few years ago as I have had cerebral palsy (physical) since birth. I recieve high mobility and low carers.

I am over 18 and left uni 1 year ago and struggled to find work. So my father employs me in the family business on 16 hours doing task i can manage and do not recieve any other benefits, when I started work and checked the change of circumstances page on Dwp page and saw that work is not mentioned. Only changes in needs which has not changed. However I was informed by someone the dwp needs to be informed if I work.

Is this true? If so what should I do if I have worked for a year?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #162395 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Indefinite DLA and work advise
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

It could be argued that your care and mobility needs have not changed. That depends, partly, on what those needs are. To give a silly example - someone claiming they cannot walk for more than 20 meters who then gets a round as a postman would clearly need to notify DWP and explain how they are managing to carry out the job if their condition has not improved.

However, most cases are rather less black and white than this!

Our attitude is usually that it is better to notify DWP when it is not strictly necessary than be hauled over the coals, and possibly face a charge of fraud, later.

You need to be aware that any change of circumstances notification could trigger your move to PIP.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.