× Members

Unexpected reassessment

More
7 years 10 months ago #162384 by Cash1204
Unexpected reassessment was created by Cash1204
Earlier this year I received a letter saying that my PIP would be reassessed in 2017, yet today I received a letter and forms instructing me to reapply by 23 July. Should I be concerned? My condition has worsened since my original award but I'm worried that the 'rules' may have tightened up.

Any idea why they've changed their minds and brought the reassessment forward? I have a grumpy neighbour who didn't get PIP who might have said something to DWP as they're 'jealous'. Can I ask?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #162405 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Unexpected reassessment
Hello Cash

Unfortunately, it seems to be fairly common now for assessments to take place up to a year before the end of an award. It isn't just you that has come up against this.

I shouldn't be concerned, any more than you would be had your award come its natural end.

You can ask why your assessment is early, but to be honest I think it would be a waste of time. Just complete the form, send as much supporting evidence as you have and wait and see what happens next. I very much doubt that your neighbour, however grumpy, will have had anything to do with this!!

Good luck with the reassessment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cash1204

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.