× Members

Unexpected reassessment

More
7 years 10 months ago #162399 by Cash1204
Unexpected reassessment was created by Cash1204
I was told in writing earlier this year that I would not be reassessed until 2017. However today I received an assessment pack and a deadline of 23 July to resubmit.

I don't have a problem with reapplying as my condition has deteriorated since I was first awarded PIP but have the criteria tightened up at all since 2015?

Also, am I allowed to ask why DWP have brought my reassessment forward and do they have to tell me? I do have a grumpy neighbour who is 'jealous' that I was awarded PIP and is always going on about me not really being disabled and was going to complain to DWP. That doesn't bother me but would they have to tell me if she had complained?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #162403 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Unexpected reassessment
Hello Cash

Unfortunately it is becoming quite usual for assessment to take place up to a year before the end of the award. You are quite at liberty to ask at the DWP for their reason for early reassessment, though I have doubts as to whether they will explain to you - it really does seem to be normal procedure.

The best you can do is to gather together as much recent information as you can and send this along with your renewal application; follow the guides carefully to give yourself the best chance of the award you feel you should have.

If you have any issues at all, then get back to us; if you bookmark the page you should get back to us easily and give us the best chance of being able to help you straight away, without having to search for your previous mail. Good luck with the reassessment. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.