× Members

Face to face

More
7 years 10 months ago #162414 by Miriam
Face to face was created by Miriam
I am sorry if there is an answer to this already, but I have searched site and cannot find anything. I am attending face to face recognition esa with hubby as his carer, and would like to present personal statement re day to day struggles, as I feel I am best qualified to state this. I'm just unsure how to begin my statement, and whether to type or present it handwritten. Thanks in anticipation, and Congratulations on this wonderful site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #162423 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Face to face
Hello Miriam

Perhaps your best idea would be to present a description of the issues you face on a day to day basis in the form of a diary? This way you can address different issues as they apply to different parts of the day - that is, in order as they arise, and you can show the things that happen frequently and those that happen only occasionally.

If you have someone else to help you from time to time, you can also include their input, along with a brief note from them to support your statement. If there isn't anyone else to help you, then you can show how very difficult it is to manage on your own etc.

I don't think it matters whether it is hand written or typed, so long as it's legible!

As to how to begin your statement, well, all you need to say is something along the lines of 'this is how we manage from day to day, I have kept a diary for (however long it is) ' and then either pass it along to the assessor or read it out, which ever you feel is appropriate at the time. I would hope that this would be enough to illustrate clearly all your problems.

Hope this has been of some help; hopefully other members will have had this problem to face themselves and would be able to make other suggestions. I wish you well with the face to face. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Miriam

More
7 years 10 months ago #162440 by Miriam
Replied by Miriam on topic Face to face
Thank you for your reply, I will certainly try the diary suggestion

More
7 years 10 months ago #162475 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Face to face
In addition to Shelam's excellent advice - as your husband is applying for ESa you must make sure that your diary is phrased in relation to the ESA descriptors. Talking about general care needs, for instance, will not give the information needed.

Qualifying for the WRAG

Qualifying for the Support Group

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Miriam

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.