× Members

PIP mandatory reconsideration request

More
7 years 10 months ago #162225 by Dee Terry
PIP mandatory reconsideration request was created by Dee Terry
I received the PIP decision today from DWP.

8pts Daily Living
10pts Mobility

I believe this is wrong, It could mean I lose entitlement to my adapted mobility vehicle.

it would appear the DM has disregarded all submissions relating to my mental health and how that affects my ability to carry out daily tasks.
They have not considered how my mental health affects my ability to manage journeys.
They have also overestimated my mobility capacity.

At the beginning of the report they have said that the report is based on my having a condition that varies, however they have gone on appearing to assume that I have more good days than bad days, in spite of my saying to the contrary and giving specific examples and timescales.

I actually feel that since I have scored just shy of the 12 points required to qualify for enhanced on both counts, this has been a deliberate ploy.

If I complete the descriptors test using which I feel to be the most appropriate criteria I score 22+ on Daily Living and 16 on Mobility.
The discrepancy is considerable.

In order to apply for mandatory reconsideration, do I need a copy of the HP report, so I can cite specifically what I am opposing, or do I just use the DM statement and cite the descriptors I am challenging?

Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #162228 by Dee Terry
Replied by Dee Terry on topic PIP mandatory reconsideration request
If you are applying for mandatory reconsideration and the decision takes longer to come back than the date they have told you your claim will change, does it continue at the same rate until the decision is reached?
I have been awarded standard mobility instead of enhanced, which means I could lose my entitlement to my adapted mobility vehicle.

More
7 years 10 months ago #162230 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP mandatory reconsideration request
DT

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You have one month from the date of the Decision to request your MR, so there should be time if you want to request a copy of the assessment report, however, it is the DM that makes the Decision and awards the points so their Statement of Reasons would be a good starting point.

The PIP Appeal guide explains how to request an MR and the PIP section has template letters that you can use.

If you have only scored 10 points for Mobility then I would expect Motability to be recovered unless the MR is revised in your favour within the next four weeks.

Please make sure that you have a good read of the PIP Claim guide, in particular the Mobility section, a lot of members have found that their interpretation of the Going Out activity is not in line with the current DWP guidance.

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dee Terry

More
7 years 10 months ago #162233 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP mandatory reconsideration request

Dee Terry wrote: If you are applying for mandatory reconsideration and the decision takes longer to come back than the date they have told you your claim will change, does it continue at the same rate until the decision is reached?
I have been awarded standard mobility instead of enhanced, which means I could lose my entitlement to my adapted mobility vehicle.

Please don't post your questions in to other's members topics, it's not fair on the other member and can lead to the wrong advice being given or taken,

As you have received an award it will remain in place (and payment) until a new Decision is made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dee Terry

More
7 years 10 months ago #162254 by Dee Terry
I'm not really that worried.
I think I got 'Name' and 'User Name' round the wrong way when I created the profile.
Anyway, that's not really my real name either!
:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

More
7 years 10 months ago #162255 by Dee Terry
You're right.
My apologies to the original poster.
I get a bit confused between forums and messenger chat thingies!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris