× Members

PIP mandatory reconsideration request

More
7 years 10 months ago #162482 by Dee Terry
Replied by Dee Terry on topic PIP mandatory reconsideration request
Thank you.

I have been reading these guides and going over the report all weekend but I worked myself into such a high state of anxiety that I became unable to make sense of it anymore.

I believe that I have grounds for appeal on both Daily Living and Mobility that would move me from Standard to Enhanced on both components and that this can be supported with evidence from my medical records and history.

If I actually state what the things I disagree with, and why, actually are, does the alternative Decision Maker look at that when making their reconsideration assessment, or do they just go with the original stuff and their own interpretation of it?

Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #162485 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP mandatory reconsideration request
Dee

The person looking at your MR should at everything you have included but a word of caution, the revision rate at MR is very low, so don't be too surprised if the original Decision is not changed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #162497 by Dee Terry
Replied by Dee Terry on topic PIP mandatory reconsideration request
Well, if that's the case I should have a good head start on writing the appeal then.

My mental health support worker said the DWP often don't approach the GP Practice for evidence/reports unless/until the case goes to appeal because of the cost. They didn't ask for anything in my case and I had nothing much to submit since almost all letters/reports direct from the hospital are held electronically at the surgery to minimise paper usage.

Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! :(

More
7 years 10 months ago #162505 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP mandatory reconsideration request

Dee Terry wrote: Well, if that's the case I should have a good head start on writing the appeal then.

My mental health support worker said the DWP often don't approach the GP Practice for evidence/reports unless/until the case goes to appeal because of the cost. They didn't ask for anything in my case and I had nothing much to submit since almost all letters/reports direct from the hospital are held electronically at the surgery to minimise paper usage.

I'm afraid your Support Worker is wrong, once a Decision has been made there is no requirement for the DWP to seek information from your GP or any other health professional!

If your Surgery has copies of letters that you would like to send to the DWP as part of the MR then you should be able to request copies. See

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.