× Members

Notification of Performance Measurement Home visit

More
7 years 10 months ago #162481 by sonnyboyo
Today i have received a letter, telling me a chap from the DWP will be visiting me at my home on 26/7/2016. The letter says, the purpose of the visit is to review my benefit claim and to check that the DWP is paying me the correct amount of EMPLOYMENT AND SUPPORT ALLOWANCE.

The letter says i have nothing to worry about, Yet i am very worried.
After checking out for an hour or so on the internet, i feel i may be being investigated for fraud, although i cannot for the life of me see how that could possibly be true.

Has anyone here on the forum ever had this same letter and interview in their home?
What should i expect to happen?
Have i been maliciously reported by a neighbour etc. to the DWP?
What are they looking for and why?

I am the kind of person who will worry myself sick over the next 3 weeks please someone help and explain what is going on

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #162483 by Gordon
sonnyboyo

The DWP don't do subtle, if they were investigating you for fraud they would tell you this up front :)

The Government regularly complains that benefit claimants are left to their own devices and not contacted by the DWP, this is primarily an exercise to make contact with everybody, depending on the group you are in, especially if it is the Support Group, they can be limited as to how they contact you so they invent ways to allow them do so, hence the "benefit check".

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris