× Members

Pip mandatory appeal

More
7 years 10 months ago #162494 by Sue Wilson
Pip mandatory appeal was created by Sue Wilson
Hi I have just had my original decision on my PIP upheld.
The disputed thing was planning a journey. According to the decision maker you have to be able to work out and follow a journey without causing psychological distress related to an enduring mental health or an intellectual or cognitive impairment. I didn't realise that I had to be mentally ill as well as disabled. Any advice on taking it to a tribunal? It seems farcical that people like me are losing their vehicles because although PIP agree I am disabled I have to be mentally ill as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #162501 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip mandatory appeal

Sue Wilson wrote: Hi I have just had my original decision on my PIP upheld.
The disputed thing was planning a journey. According to the decision maker you have to be able to work out and follow a journey without causing psychological distress related to an enduring mental health or an intellectual or cognitive impairment. I didn't realise that I had to be mentally ill as well as disabled. Any advice on taking it to a tribunal? It seems farcical that people like me are losing their vehicles because although PIP agree I am disabled I have to be mentally ill as well.

I'm afraid there is a clear line between the Going Out Activity and the Moving Around one, the former only considers mental health, cognitive or sensory issue, the latter only looks at physical issues.

If you are trying to score points for reasons outside of this; for example problems with Going Out due to physical reasons, then I would not expect you to score points.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sue Wilson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris