× Members

ESA50 form through after 12 weeks of award.

More
7 years 10 months ago #162540 by gaenor
Hi I was awarded the support group for ESA just 12 weeks ago. They have now sent me another ESA50 form to fill in already which I find ridiculous to come around so soon as my condition is chronic with arthritis and fibromyalgia which I've had for 12 years. Last time I was left alone for 2 years. I am proactive in therapy and trying to heal, but having all this stress all the time there is no chance of me getting better! I'm considering writing a letter to my MP.

I'm wondering if it's ok to put in all the boxes 'no change from the previous claim form?'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #162543 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 form through after 12 weeks of award.

gaenor wrote: Hi I was awarded the support group for ESA just 12 weeks ago. They have now sent me another ESA50 form to fill in already which I find ridiculous to come around so soon as my condition is chronic with arthritis and fibromyalgia which I've had for 12 years. Last time I was left alone for 2 years. I am proactive in therapy and trying to heal, but having all this stress all the time there is no chance of me getting better! I'm considering writing a letter to my MP.

I'm wondering if it's ok to put in all the boxes 'no change from the previous claim form?'

Unfortunately the DWP can reassess an ESA claim at any time after 3 months have elapsed.

This will be a full reassessment of your claim, I am afraid you cannot rely on those looking at your claim having access to your previous ESA50 or any of the evidence attached to it, our recommendation would be for you to complete the form in detail even if you copy the text from your last form and you should submit any evidence that you have even if it was previously included.

I would certainly write to your MP but unless the requirement for you to complete the ESA50 is withdrawn in writing you must complete and return it or you risk having your ESA claim closed.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

More
7 years 10 months ago #162545 by gaenor
Replied by gaenor on topic ESA50 form through after 12 weeks of award.
Thankyou very much for your reply. It's nice to know you can copy text I will do that for next time, unfortunately I can't for this time. Thanks

More
7 years 10 months ago #162547 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 form through after 12 weeks of award.

gaenor wrote: Thankyou very much for your reply. It's nice to know you can copy text I will do that for next time, unfortunately I can't for this time. Thanks

If you complete the ESA50 by saying "no change" then there is a real chance that your claim will fail and you will be found Fit for Work!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #162555 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic ESA50 form through after 12 weeks of award.

gaenor wrote: Thankyou very much for your reply. It's nice to know you can copy text I will do that for next time, unfortunately I can't for this time. Thanks

Are you unable to copy the text this time because you do not have a copy of your previous ESA50?

If this is the case, you could try phoning DWP and requesting a copy.

More
7 years 10 months ago #162556 by Phil
gaenor

Exactly the same thing happened to me after my first ESA assessment several years back.

I had the assessment, received a letter placing me on the work related group and 3 months later received another ESA50 form. I phoned the DWP and asked them why I've received another form so soon after my first assessment, and they said " just fill it in and send it back, you probably won't hear anymore about it" They was right, I never heard anything for years.
Hope this helps

Phil

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris