× Members

Esa query

More
7 years 10 months ago #162564 by Louise
Esa query was created by Louise
Hi I am new to this forum and not sure how it works. But my question is i am already in receipt of dla due to spinal condition. I have now been diagnosed with another condition which is going to require 3 major operations. The company I worked for has gone into liquidation and I don't know if I should try and apply for esa having had a lot of time off work due to my condition. And could this application for esa trigger my pip reassessment off as I haven't yet be called for transfer to pip. I am so stressed and worried. I have two children support as I am single parent and need to get a claim.in fast but have been too ill to do it. Any advice please would be greatly appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #162579 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Esa query
Hi Louise and In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I am sorry that you are so poorly :(

You can certainly put in a claim for ESA, as long as your GP will give you a 'fitnote'. Being awarded long-term ESA depends entirely on meeting the specific criteria, it is not assessed on how unwell you are, what job you could do or whether anyone would employ you!

Our ESA guide talks you through the process in detail

ESA claims and appeals

Applying for ESA should not have any effect on your DLA - PIP transfer, claimants seem to be selected at random for this. When the 'invitation' does arrive, don't forget to make full use of the PIP guide.

You might wish to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can return with further questions or comments about your ESA claim without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.