× Members

Medical assessment

More
7 years 9 months ago #162703 by Hellen Armstrong
Medical assessment was created by Hellen Armstrong
Hi I am a 46 yr old lady!currently am on SDA and filled the ESA form in when sent to me over a year ago, have received an appointment for face to face medical Sat 9th

I have been sick for 20 years with no improvement, I have chronic reactive asthma meaning even if someone is wearing perfume stood next to me, or any chemical smells set my asthma of, along with this I also have a heart condition with an enlarged aortic root & arrythmias, high blood pressure, steroid induced diabetes and dercums disease ( pain full fatty tumours on nerves blood vessels ) degenerative discs in my back centre and back just had neck ones fused & depression. I am on 40+ pills a day as well as prescribed 4ltrs oxygen 20 hours a day.

I am really stressed over this causing my asthma to flare as though have pain & weakness I can do all the movements even walking up two steps.
Should I be taking any additional info with me even though I sent it in with my forms
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #162715 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Medical assessment
Hi Hpa and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I am sorry that you are finding the whole process so stressful :(

It is probably more common to have a face2face assessment than not, the fact that you have been called in really does not mean anything.

Our ESA guide explains what to expect on the day, I hope that knowing this will help you feel more in control of the situation.

ESA claims and appeals

You do not have to do anything that would cause you pain or damage - but you must make it absolutely clear why you are declining.

Did you make it clear on your form that you cannot tolerate being near anyone wearing perfume etc? Have you checked that the assessor will comply with this?

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easy in future. This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your ESA without needing to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hellen Armstrong

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.