× Members

PIP Award Review - How your disability affects you

More
7 years 9 months ago #162836 by nomad205
Hello everyone

Firstly I shall apologise if this question has been answered, I did a search but couldn't find anything.

My PIP (enhanced care, enhanced mobility) is due to end in 2017 (I can't remember the date off the top of my head)

Today I have received a form. PIP Award Review - how your disability affects you. Basically it is a form asking me to tick either, Easier, Harder or No Change to all the question categories that are in the normal PIP claim form.

My question is, is it really as simple as it looks? There hasn't been any significant changes in my circumstances so is it as simple as ticking No Change to the questions? It asks for supporting evidence, should I send all of the supporting evidence that I sent with my original claim or does it just mean evidence of changes?

I'd be very grateful for any advice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: manjit kaur

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #162844 by slugsta
Hi Nomad and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I must admit that I haven't met this form before. Claimants due for reassessment of PIP (which usually starts a full year before the claim is due to end!) usually get a full PIP2 to fill in again.

Is there room to write your own comments or is it just the tick boxes?

We always advise sending in all supporting documentation each time as the assessor often does not see any previous records. Although this seems to be a little different, I would still recommend sending in copies of all documents, just to be sure.

You might wish to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your PIP without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162847 by nomad205
Hello Mrs Hurtyback :)

Thank you for your reply. I've googled the life out of the form and can't really find any information about it!

There are some spaces to put comments in but it states to only comment about things that make your disability easier or harder, nothing about commenting if there is no change.

I've just spoken to my social worker and he is going to write a report confirming that there is no change and that no change is expected so I will send this along with all of the original supporting evidence.

Thanks again :)

More
7 years 9 months ago #162849 by Gordon

nomad205 wrote: Hello Mrs Hurtyback :)

Thank you for your reply. I've googled the life out of the form and can't really find any information about it!

There are some spaces to put comments in but it states to only comment about things that make your disability easier or harder, nothing about commenting if there is no change.

I've just spoken to my social worker and he is going to write a report confirming that there is no change and that no change is expected so I will send this along with all of the original supporting evidence.

Thanks again :)

I think I remember this being discussed on RightsNet as a proposal for some reassessments, I've emailed the office about it, but we're unlikely to get an answer in the short term as it is not something we knew was coming.

If the tick boxes give you a choice of three answer then I would tick whichever are applicable although indicating worse or better may result in a PIP2 being issued.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: nomad205

• bro58
7 years 9 months ago #162855 by bro58
Hi nomad205,

Is it an AR1 Form ?

This was mentioned on rightsnet : Here

Apparently these came into use from 25/06/16.

As Gordon says, we don't have much experience of this recent change yet.

bro58

This message contains confidential information

More
7 years 9 months ago #162861 by nomad205

bro58 wrote: Hi nomad205,

Is it an AR1 Form ?

This was mentioned on rightsnet : Here

Apparently these came into use from 25/06/16.

As Gordon says, we don't have much experience of this recent change yet.

bro58

Yes I think this is it, although I can't find a reference number on the form. I'll keep everyone updated of what happens after I send it back :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.