× Members

desperate for help PIP

More
7 years 9 months ago #162952 by holdingout
desperate for help PIP was created by holdingout
Hello to all please help me help my husband

We have been aware of DLA Change to PIP since 2012 and my husband and I have been stressed at every post.

We have had our invite to ring PIP 1 just today 9th July 2016

What do we have to say on phone what will be asked, my husband is not able to ring, so its down to me his wife and full time carer ???? is there anything I must be careful about on phone, Im so worried he's been on DLA car , and care , for 20 years. what do they ask me for on phone.

When we get the form to fill in is there anything I should be careful about when answering questions, my husband is dizzy a lot, falls down a lot, needs to be with me when walking incase he falls over because of inner ear imbalance last 20 years.

After the form go's in how long does our DLA continue ??

The one thing that worries me, is that he as been disabled for 20 years and on benefit, the drs in past and now have all said he as to live with his many diagnosed conditions because nothing can be done, so he did just that for 20 years but...

I notice on TV someone said that when filling in forms you can only send in a years evidence, that's no good for him, he seen the GP 6 times this year just for medicine changes, all his diagnosis is from years and years ago, when they said he would have to live with it because there is no cure. What am I to do, should I send in all the records I have kept ???

I am so scared but try not to show it because it will make him more stressed then he is, so sorry for asking you guys to help , I have just been sitting waiting for this day to happen so I can ask this these question . I am ill myself so find it hard to find all the articals I need to read and look after him. please help with my questions thanks so much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163011 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic desperate for help PIP
holdingout

Have a look at the PIP Claim guide, it includes details of the initial phone call and the questions you will be asked. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have more questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163052 by holdingout
Replied by holdingout on topic desperate for help PIP
Thanks I hope to hear from others who have gone through this hence why I paid to join this so do get an insight in to others, so hey guys if you can help in anyway with what happened to you

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.