× Members

MR decision

More
7 years 9 months ago #162977 by mariaz18
MR decision was created by mariaz18
Hello,

I am aware that PIP decisions are taking in excess of 8 weeks but are the MR also taking this long?
I send off a MR in May disputing the amount of points I got at assessment and it has now been 9 weeks since I sent the MR with further evidence off. I did follow up with a call and they had received my MR.
Can anyone shed any light on this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #163025 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic MR decision
Hi Mariaz,

Unfortunately, there is no set time frame in which DWP must have completed the MR. It usually takes between a few weeks and several months - but we do hear of cases where it has gone on for much longer.

At least you know that DWP have received the request, so that's a good start! You can try contacting DWP for an update. Sometimes that speeds things up, sometimes the claimant is simply told to carry on waiting :angry:

If you have further questions or comments about your MR, please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. You will find it easily if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163575 by mariaz18
Replied by mariaz18 on topic MR decision
Just an update on my MR,

- I was invited to claim PIP in February 2016, I was on High rate DLA for care and Mobility.
- Sent form off beginning of March,
- Had a home assessment beginning of April.
- Decision arrived early May and only scored 8 point for care component.
- MR send mid May with further evidence and showed/evidenced how assess was incorrect or misunderstood.
- MR decision arrived today:
- Scored 11 points for the care component (Standard Care)
- Scored 12 points for Mobility component (Enhanced Mobility)

Happy with this and won't be appealing for the 1 point to enhanced care as I don't have the energy.

Thank you for providing such useful information in your guides and having such helpful mods definitely brightens up your day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prudent

More
7 years 9 months ago #163613 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MR decision
maria

Many congratulations on the award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163633 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic MR decision
That's very good news, thanks for letting us know :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.