× Members

ESA Work Capability Assessment Result

More
7 years 9 months ago #163004 by Mikey
After receiving valid info from this site I rcently forwarded my completed ESA Work Capability Assessment Form and have been waiting to hear the decision for about 6 weeks.

Today I received a letter from Jobcentreplus with the heading : Your claim for ESA.
It informs me that following a recent change - a decision on my capability for work - I have been placed in the Support Group.

Does this mean that I won' t have to have a Medical Assessment?
If so - how long will it be before I am contacted again to complete the ESA Work Capability Assessment?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163036 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Work Capability Assessment Result

Mikey wrote: After receiving valid info from this site I rcently forwarded my completed ESA Work Capability Assessment Form and have been waiting to hear the decision for about 6 weeks.

Today I received a letter from Jobcentreplus with the heading : Your claim for ESA.
It informs me that following a recent change - a decision on my capability for work - I have been placed in the Support Group.

Does this mean that I won' t have to have a Medical Assessment?
If so - how long will it be before I am contacted again to complete the ESA Work Capability Assessment?

It would seem so, but I would phone the DWP to confirm, they are very late with the bi-annual entitlement letter and several members expecting a Decision letter have received one of these instead.

Of course, if you were not previously in the SG then congratulations, you now are :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163123 by Mikey
Replied by Mikey on topic ESA Work Capability Assessment Result
How often is the ESA Work Capability Assessment Form sent to claimants who are already receiving ESA?

More
7 years 9 months ago #163139 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Work Capability Assessment Result

Mikey wrote: How often is the ESA Work Capability Assessment Form sent to claimants who are already receiving ESA?

It can be anywhere from 3 months to three years depending on your conditions and the group you are in.

If you are trying to find out when you are going to be reassessed then just call the DWP and ask, the information is on your computer record under prognosis. Doing so won't initiate a reassessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.