× Members

PIP PA4 report form

More
7 years 9 months ago #163034 by Christina
PIP PA4 report form was created by Christina
I hope someone can advise me
Having just received the "bundle" of papers for our appeal against the decisions made in regard to the award of PIP, I have seen for the first time the PA4 report form which I was not aware of.
I have two questions:
Should we have received a copy of this before?
Is it worth contesting the content in writing rather than waiting to do it face to face at the appeal hearing? as there are a number of inaccuracies/factual errors which, had I seen it before, I would have challenged in our appeal submission
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #163043 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP PA4 report form

Christina wrote: I hope someone can advise me
Having just received the "bundle" of papers for our appeal against the decisions made in regard to the award of PIP, I have seen for the first time the PA4 report form which I was not aware of.
I have two questions:
Should we have received a copy of this before?
Is it worth contesting the content in writing rather than waiting to do it face to face at the appeal hearing? as there are a number of inaccuracies/factual errors which, had I seen it before, I would have challenged in our appeal submission
Thank you

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

The PA4 is only sent on request!

You have an opportunity to present your case in writing, you don't have to, but much of the questioning at your appeal will be led by the panel, so you may struggle to get across all of the points you want make in the time allowed, writing a submission will allow you to do this, it also allows you to make your points in detail and to cross reference them to any evidence you have provided.

Your primary goal is to show that you meet the criteria for the Descriptors you would hope to score points for, so make sure that you understand what that criteria is, that you have shown that you meet all elements of the criteria and explain why the views of the assessor are incorrect.

I would start by going through your PIP2 form, the assessment report and our guide. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have more questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christina

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.