× Members

jsa sick note?

More
7 years 9 months ago #163064 by Oali
jsa sick note? was created by Oali
Hi i'm new to this forum. After struggling with my ESA claim i finally found this valuable site. The advice on this site makes the whole process much more clear and i'm hoping to use it to launch my appeal. My MR came back unchanged.

I was told to claim JSA (by welfare support worker) then get a sick note once my claim begins. I signed on once already and now have to go again this Friday. i just want some advice on what sick note shall i ask for? and when shall i get it? any advice will be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163083 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic jsa sick note?
O

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Speak to your GP about the Fit Note, they will know what to give you, it can be for any period up to 13 weeks. The longer you leave it to ask, the longer you will be subject to the JSA requirements.

The ESA Appeal guide has links to the SSCS1 form that you will need to complete for an appeal and instructions on how to complete it, you do not need to go into detail at this time.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oali

More
7 years 9 months ago #163096 by Oali
Replied by Oali on topic jsa sick note?
Thank you for your help was quite worried I'm now happy as I know what I'm supposed to do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 9 months ago #163149 by Oali
I just got a fit note from gp for about 8 weeks. I'm hoping to show my work coach on Friday and will hopefully be free to concentrate on appeal. Thank you for your help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

More
7 years 9 months ago #163236 by Oali
Hi just one quick question, the fit note I got from my gp isn't very detailed. Its a basic explanation of my condition. Will that matter? Can the jobcentre refuse to accept it?

More
7 years 9 months ago #163272 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic jsa sick note?

ali wrote: Hi just one quick question, the fit note I got from my gp isn't very detailed. Its a basic explanation of my condition. Will that matter? Can the jobcentre refuse to accept it?

It doesn't have to be detailed, as long as they have declared you as Unfit for Work.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.