× Members

PIP Tribunal adjourned

More
7 years 9 months ago #163098 by Savvysal
PIP Tribunal adjourned was created by Savvysal
Good evening all.

I had been in receipt of DLA - HIgh Rate mobility & medium rate care for a permanent, irreversible acquired disability since 2013. I was "invited" to apply for PIP in November 2015, which led to be being awarded zero points. DLA stopped in January 2016. Of course I lost my motability car, blue badge etc...

Consequently, I attended my PIP tribunal on 30th June but it was adjourned due to the judge requesting the following:
i) Within 28 days... the tribunal is to obtain from the Appellants GP:
a) A copy of my GP computer records from 1/01/2015 to date
b) All secondary care letters from 01/01/2011 to date ( already sent in by me)
c) A copy of any report supplied by GP to the DVLA for DVLA purposes - there isn't one as I submitted my medical evidence myself and my GP has said I'm ok to continue driving

So no surprises there but the next bit I find intriguing:

ii) Withing 28 days ... the Respondent i.e the DWP is to provide:
a)Any documentation relating to a DLA award/renewal from 01/01/2011 to date
b) The medical evidence before the ESA Tribunal sitting on 24/04/2014 - which I won - I went from WRAG to support group based on inability to mobilise repeatedly 50metres. I am currently still in the SG, but have recently been reassessed in May & i am currently awaiting the decision on that too, ho hum...

So basically my question is - what are peoples thoughts...good bad or otherwise?

Kind regards

MM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #163099 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Tribunal adjourned
Hi MM and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Well, at least it's not an outright refusal! Other than that, all I can say is that the panel clearly want more information before they make a decision.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Savvysal

More
7 years 9 months ago #163111 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic PIP Tribunal adjourned
Hi MyelopathicMe,

The DWP consider ESA medical reports when making DLA/PIP decisions, but I think they are less likely to use them, let alone put them in the appeal papers, if it's not to their advantage.

On the face of it, the fact that the tribunal is demanding documents that the DWP chose not to disclose does sound like a positive.

Good luck with the appeal,

Derek

More
7 years 9 months ago #163147 by Peawack
Replied by Peawack on topic PIP Tribunal adjourned

Derek4 wrote: Hi MyelopathicMe,

The DWP consider ESA medical reports when making DLA/PIP decisions, but I think they are less likely to use them, let alone put them in the appeal papers, if it's not to their advantage.

On the face of it, the fact that the tribunal is demanding documents that the DWP chose not to disclose does sound like a positive.

Good luck with the appeal,

Derek

i tend to agree with Derek, but just my instincts coming into play !
Good luck,

Peter

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.