× Members

Carers Allowance & PIP/DLA

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #163137 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Carers Allowance & PIP/DLA
Merged.

The assessor's report might comment about people consulted. However, we often see comments about things that did not happen! However, don't forget that there is no duty to consult other professionals!

If this gets as far as appeal, the 'bundle' will contain everything DWP have relating to your claim. This will include any 3rd party reports.

Please keep any further questions or comments about this matter to this topic rather than starting a new one each time.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163160 by Jonpaul
Replied by Jonpaul on topic Carers Allowance & PIP/DLA
Hi there,

Thanks for your help with this; we have sent a request letter this afternoon by registered post with a letter loosely based upon one of your own sample letters.

We are waiting for our other son's DLA/PIP review to come through as both had indefinite awards. Our other son has high mobility and care; both are autism-based so emphasis has to be on the tangible learning difficulties they both face.

At least we can learn from this current claim "push back" and just hold tight until we have notice that the other one is to be reviewed.

Once again, many thanks for your time.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163174 by Merlin1
Replied by Merlin1 on topic Carers Allowance & PIP/DLA
Just wondered if you have any other news as i am about to apply for pip for my autistic child

More
7 years 9 months ago #163379 by Jonpaul
Hi Merlin1

Nothing yet, our social worker read their decision and was very angry; she wants to have the name of the assessor, contact details for her and is preparing a detailed response to their decision.

They didn't consult anyone, just a home visit. We described our son's condition prevented him from going to a face to face meeting, they accepted that as they came to the house, and yet, they said he has no mobility issues at all, just by seeing him. He didn't get out of bed!

More
7 years 8 months ago #165373 by Jonpaul
We had a reply from PIP assessor and this is some of what was said in their decision which incidentally was unsuccessful. From high care low mobility DLA to just a total of 2 points on the PIP assessment!

Planning and Following Journeys

Decision Maker’s Reasoning:

“You said that you have difficulty in planning and following journeys. I decided you can plan and follow the route of a journey unaided, this is because at the assessment you were observed to be calm and relaxed."

I have sent a request for a mandatory reconsideration in the form of a 10 page reply to each question giving accurate reasons why they made the wrong decision. I thought I would do the hard work at this point as this could be used as the basis of an appeal as I have been told that they look for consistency.

I would love to hear your responses to this

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #165392 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Carers Allowance & PIP/DLA
It's absolute nonsense, isn't it?! Basically, they are saying 'You have told me about your difficulties but I have decided otherwise on the basis that you were not a quivering wreck during the interview'! :angry:

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.