× Members

Child going from dla to pip with autism

More
7 years 9 months ago #162961 by Merlin1
What do they ask when you phone to claim pip? I have to do this for my child moving from dla to pip.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163018 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Child going from dla to pip with autism

Merlin1 wrote: What do they ask when you phone to claim pip? I have to do this for my child moving from dla to pip.

See the PIP Claim guide.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163163 by Merlin1
Replied by Merlin1 on topic Child going from dla to pip with autism
I have just got a letter to claim this for my child who has just turned 16. I am dreading this as i have read so many bad things and folk not qualifying for their benefits any longer. I have looked on the site but cant find anything that tells me exactly what they will ask when i phone. Also it states face to face consultations are probable which im dreading. Centres are more than 90 mins away by public transport. I would like to know how parents in my position have got on with claiming this and their outcomes. I would also welcome advice in completing this form as it doesnt seem autism friendly at all

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #163181 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Child going from dla to pip with autism
Forgive me Merlin, I have wrongly merged your post with another member's topic! I will ask Gordon to try and sort it out for us!

Meanwhile, the guide that Gordon linked to, in the previous post, explains what you will be asked in the initial phone call.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163354 by Merlin1
Replied by Merlin1 on topic Child going from dla to pip with autism
They are both my questions. Sorry new to this. Have looked at link he has sent but have not found all that they will ask on the phone. I have heard that sometimes they ask about things in detail on the phone and i am afraid that i wont be prepared enough for it..
Also can you tell me when applying for pip, do i need to send all info that i sent originally for dla going way back or when do i send info from? Im very confused and getting anxious about this.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163371 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Child going from dla to pip with autism
Merlin

They may ask some follow on questions depending on your answers but they will not ask you to go into depth about anything, all they are trying to do is determine whether you meet the requirement to make a claim for PIP or not.

It's up to you to decide what evidence you send in support of your claim, if your conditions have been static for some time then letters and reports from your DLA claim may still be relevant, if your conditions have changed then it may no longer be relevant.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.