× Members

What are the Combined effects on My Benefits

More
7 years 9 months ago #163223 by caj279
Hello Forum,
Please help and advise on my current situation,
I have both condition of physical and mental disabilities
I currently receives an 11 hour weekly care from the local authority, and an added carer sought by myself as they can only give 7hrs pw previously and then later increased to the current 11 but i still kept the additional help going.

i was in full time employment with my physical disability over years, then when i had a mental breakdown and loss of kidney which means i am also back on dialysis; all changes happening at the same time; i was put on the ESA - and now in the support group.
i received full housing and council tax benefits. i receive £250 bi-weekly ESA, Higher rate mobility and Lower rate care components of DLA

overtime, i was medically helped to have my own baby through the help and support of the additional carer; who is now my partner.

Because she does other work while she is not caring for me; i have to arrange for care for my baby while she's away as i could not keep a long focus throughout the length of the period the child needs a day at my current medical state, so the need to arrange childcare.

My first question is i wants to know if i am receiving the correct amounts, that i am entitled to?

2) We applied for tax credit, i am not entitled i was told but because of my health she will get some of the cost for the childcare as my annual benefit is around 5k and she earns a total of 16k annually.

3) I want to know if her income will in the future affects my benefits ( eg housing, council tax, ESA benefits)?
This is because when calculating the tax credits, they said my household income is now 22k, though she comes to stay some nights prior to the baby, and after the baby shes more frequent at my place.

If the tax credit is going to cause problem for my household income should i not receive this? i am struggling at the moment with the £250 bi-weekly pay as a single person, i am not sure if disability premium is included? i cannot speak to the benefits office due to my anxiety disorder. i was so terrified last week when they wrote to me that they will be suspending my housing & council tax benefits only tind out they just wants to see my utility bills after a very nervous and brave call, which sends me back to a worst mental states after that day's hospital visit.
what alternatives do i have as i want adequate child care for the baby when the mother is not available

Please advise

i thank you very much for your kind help

caj279

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163265 by Gordon
caj279

I am really sorry but we cannot give detailed financial advice on the forum, you would need to post far more personal information than you would want to make available, we also do not advise on Tax Credits.

Get face to face advice from a trained advisor, do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

I can tell you that any Income Related benefits such as Housing Benefit and any ESA(IR) that you are receiving will be affected as you will have to claim as a couple, especially if your partner works more 24 hours or more a week.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: caj279

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.